A big thanks to you all!
You have raised enough money to pay for:
Hours of care
At first I didn't believe what I was seeing! I've treated my children, with enough left over to treat myself and also give a little back to Marie Curie
Prize - 1st Place - £10,000
Prize - 2nd Place - £600
Prize - 3rd Place - £150
Prize - Fourth Place - £100
Tickets cost only £1 each and with every ticket you buy you'll be helping Marie Curie Nurses to be there for people living with a terminal illness.
You can play online with a debit card and be entered into our draw immediately. Entrants must be over 18. It only takes a few moments and it's easy as one, two, three!
1. Simply choose how many raffle tickets you want at £1 each.
2. Enter your details - we need to know who to contact if you win.
3. Pay by debit card.
To play, remember you must be over 18. Read our full Terms & Conditions
Choose how many tickets you’d like to buy
Buy your tickets
We'll get in touch if you win!
“At first I didn't believe what I was seeing! I've treated my children, with enough left over to treat myself and also give a little back to Marie Curie”
Barbara Bridge, who won £500 in the VIP Raffle
These Terms and Conditions are the Raffle Rules. By entering the raffle, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
1. For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this raffle is defined as a 'Society Lottery'
2. This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Marie Curie. Registered Charity: Marie Curie, Charity Number 207994, Scotland (SC038731). Registered company limited by guarantee, England & Wales (507597). Registered Office: 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP
3. To enter the raffle, players must purchase one or more raffle tickets. Each ticket is unique and has a serial number. This serial number is used to determine the winner. The maximum amount of entries per person is 30 per raffle.
4. Current Marie Curie Weekly Lottery players are also automatically entered into each raffle as a ‘Super Draw’ (maximum number of entries is five per lottery player). Each entry is provided with a unique ticket and serial number.
5. To enter the raffle you must be resident of the UK and aged 18 (eighteen) or over.
6. Tickets can only be bought on behalf of those aged 18 (eighteen) and over. Any prizes won with a ticket where the named ticket owner is under 18 will be immediately forfeit.
7. Selling on raffle tickets is illegal in Northern Ireland.
8. The prizes available to win are: - 1st prize: £10,000 or the lease for a brand new car
- 2nd prize: £600 or a luxury cabin holiday
- 3rd prize: £150 or a relaxing spa day
- 4th prize: £100
- Runner-up prizes: 165 x £10
9. A Fast Responder Draw will operate alongside the main draw. To be entered in the Fast Responder Draw we must receive your response by 1 August 2022. Winners of the Fast Responder Draw will be drawn at random from all eligible responses. The Fast Responder prizes are 10 x £50 M & S Gift Cards
10. If a cash prize is awarded this will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
11. All ticket stubs must be returned as instructed by the closing date of 23rd September 2022 in order to gain entry into the raffle. All late entries received after the closing date will be voided and the monies received for these entries will be treated as a cash donation to Marie Curie. Marie Curie or The Woods Group Ltd. will not be held responsible for any lost, late or incorrectly formatted entries.
12. Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds are eligible to win the prize.
13. All tickets shall be priced at £1. Raffle entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the raffle does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
14. By entering the raffle, entrants agree that if they win, their titles, surnames and town will be published on the website and potentially other promotional material. Should the winner object to their name being made available he/she should inform Marie Curie’s Supporter Relations Team by calling us on freephone 0800 716 146 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We also request winners to complete a winner questionnaire and return a photo of themselves to use on future promotional material. Should this be returned to Marie Curie the permission to use it can be withdrawn at any time by a winner by emailing email@example.com or writing to Raffles and Lottery Team, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP. Whilst the completion of the questionnaire and provision of a photo is greatly helpful for Marie Curie’s promotion of the raffle it is not compulsory.
15. All proceeds go to Marie Curie.
16. Our external raffle management company is The Woods Group Ltd. The draw for the prizes will be made at our external raffle management company’s premises to be held on 30th September 2022. If the draw date falls on a bank holiday then the draw will take place on the next working day. Winners will be available on www.goodwaystowin.com five working days later.
17. Employees of The Woods Group Ltd. may not enter any Marie Curie raffle.
18. Marie Curie employees and family members of employees who could directly influence draws either by access to data or through relationships with third parties are not able to enter any Marie Curie raffle. All other employees are permitted to take part. A family member is considered to be a spouse, partner, close blood relation or spouse of a close blood relation.
19. All ticket stubs will be held securely until the date of the draw. Winning tickets will be determined by a random process using both a random number generator and a random selection of paper tickets in a secure environment and in the presence of an adjudicator. The order of determination of the winning tickets will determine the order of prizes allocated (i.e. the first ticket drawn wins the first prize and so on). You do not need to be present at the draw to win the raffle. A list of winners will appear on our website www.goodwaystowin.com or are available by phoning our Supporter Relations Team on Freephone 0800 716146 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm). You can also request a list of winners by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: it is not possible to exactly predict the chances of winning a prize as this is not a ‘fixed odds’ raffle.
20. The winners of the raffle prizes will be notified by letter within 30 days and we will attempt to contact the first, second, and third prize winners by phone. If we do not have these details we will send prizes/cheques via the post. The top prize will be sent via recorded delivery.
21. Where we are not provided with sufficient information to make out and send a cheque we will make every effort to contact the winner to obtain the required details. If we are unable to make contact within 14 days of the draw, unclaimed prizes will be reallocated to another raffle entrant. A number of extra draws are made on the draw date in case of this eventuality.
22. Marie Curie shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Marie Curie or the member from time to time.
- Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Marie Curie for the administration of the lottery.
- Any delays or failures in the Banking system used by Marie Curie or the member.
- Any refusal by Marie Curie to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a member.
- Any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of Marie Curie
23. Marie Curie accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay and is not liable for any late bank payments.
24. There are no alternatives to the cash prize where cash is the only prize on offer and no interest is payable.
25. All entrants are solely responsible for providing Marie Curie with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and Marie Curie will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Marie Curie of the change.
26. Last year we received £1,194,978 in raffle ticket sales. 65% was spent on directly supporting people living with a terminal illness, 3% on prizes and 32% on expenses. Marie Curie raffles also raised an additional £396,415 in donations which went directly to supporting people living with a terminal illness.
27. Any complaints relating to the raffle should be sent in writing to Supporter Relations Team, 14 Links Place, Edinburgh, EH6 7EB, or by email to email@example.com , giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation. If a complaint can’t be resolved to your satisfaction you can refer this to our Alternative Dispute Resolution body, the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). IBAS can be contacted by visiting their website, https://www.ibas-uk.com calling 0207 347 5883 or writing to Independent Betting Adjudication Service, PO Box 62639, London, EC3P 3AS.
28. Marie Curie is committed to protecting the supporter’s privacy. Data that is collected from the supporter is used lawfully in accordance with GDPR and is used for the purpose of processing raffle chances, subsequent entry into the raffle draw, and informing winners that they have won a prize. Unless otherwise indicated by you, Marie Curie may occasionally send you information via post to keep you up to date with our work, future fundraising opportunities and other ways in which you can support us.
Should you wish to change your preferences at any time you can contact our Supporter Relations Team on Freephone 0800 716146 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm)
29. Marie Curie may occasionally send you information via email/phone if we have consent to do so in this way. Should you wish to change your preferences at any time you can contact our Supporter Relations Team on Freephone 0800 716146 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm)
30. Marie Curie reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Marie Curie does this, it will publish the amended rules.
31. Marie Curie has the right to change or update the Raffle Rules and/or prize fund at its discretion and raffle participants are invited to regularly check the website for updates. Any changes will be made available at www.goodwaystowin.com/termsandconditions and will be available upon request from Marie Curie’s Supporter Relations Team.
32. Marie Curie reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
33. Neither Marie Curie nor our raffle management company shall be liable to you in contract, tort, and negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the raffle (including loss of the opportunity to enter the raffle and/or the chance of winning a prize).
34. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
35. This raffle is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the Be Gamble Aware helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website on www.begambleaware.org
36. A written copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Raffles and Lottery Team, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP.
37. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and Marie Curie and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
38. In the rare event that any error occurs and tickets are not entered into the draw, unentered tickets will instead be entered into the next available draw.
39. Responsible person: Nicholas Pride, Marie Curie, 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP. Charity reg no. 207994 (England & Wales), SC038731 (Scotland). Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the 2005 Gambling Act. gamblingcommission.gov.uk
Please click here to download our responsible gambling policy.
Daly is a registered nurse at the Marie Curie Hospice, Liverpool.
“Being a Marie Curie Nurse is about taking care of people living with a terminal illness. It’s also about making them comfortable so they can live their last days and hours in peace and with dignity.
“Part of my role is also to support families and be with them when I’m needed. When a person I was caring for died a few years ago, I sat with the granddaughter, who was about 16 years old, and supported her. That’s the important aspect of my job, about being there at the right time, and the family were really grateful for that.
“It’s not always an easy job and we often must have difficult conversations. So it’s very different to other nursing jobs, but extremely rewarding. For me, being at a person’s bedside in their final hours is a privilege.”